A big welcome to all the wonderful wedding blogs that have joined Dream Wedding as Featured entries over the past month. Covering a range of topics, these new blogs offer a real treat for anyone planning their big day.
From wedding stationery to a gorgeous wedding venue plus some wonderful wedding photographers, and more in-between I am delegated to introduce you to our newest Dream Wedding members.
BIG changes are coming to Dream Wedding Directory. I’m very excited to ‘let slip’ that we have a whole new web design coming soon to Dream Wedding. With the whole new look we will be adding a new section to the website. While I can’t tell you exactly what it is just yet, I can say that we will be going into to a public beta very soon. To find out more about what this means, please ‘like’ Dream Wedding over at our Facebook page or follow us over at twitter and watch out for our updates.
I’m a huge fan of wedding blogs and the great people who write them, taking the time to share their work and fantastic tips for anyone planning a wedding. There is such a wealth of wedding themed blogs out there that no matter what your style, you are guaranteed to find a blog that appeals to you.
With that in mind I am thrilled to welcome our latest Featured blogs to the Dream Wedding Directory. The blog directory is a way for you to discover great new wedding blogs, so be sure to visit all our bloggers, and if you see a post that inspires, leave them a comment. I know they all love to hear from their visitors.
It’s quite a makeover for the Dream Wedding Directory, with most of the changes giving more prominence to Featured blogs:
- Featured blog profiles. To showcase Featured blogs on the homepage four Featured blog profiles are now displayed, which change daily. Each of these shows the blog screenshot, directory category and a snippet of their review.
- Recent updates from Featured blogs. This is a very exciting development for Featured bloggers as their latest posts are now displayed on the homepage.
- New images to represent categories. Rather than use screenshots of blogs listed in the directory, we have now added images to represent the categories. This creates a better user experience; with the images more closely representing the category topics.
Blog Directory Page
- Realignment of blog categories. The blog directory categories are now organised as five rows of two, making the recent updates from all blogs more visible.
- Today’s Featured Blog is more prominent. The visibility of Today’s Featured Blog for each category has been improved, including more text and increasing the size of the five teaser thumbnails.
The site has also got wider to make room for a big new directory addition to the site, which Derek and I are currently working on.
Derek and I are very pleased and excited with our changes to the directory. We are confident that both wedding suppliers listing with us, and visitors to the website will benefit from these improvements.
I have decided to list wedding blogs under their companies business names in the blog directory. Some businesses have different names to their blogs, and I was concerned this was causing confusion to visitors of the site.
The blog directory still links through to the original blog, nothing has changed about the links, but all blogs will be listed under their company name.
Updated FAQ and submission form
I have also updated my blog directory FAQ page and the blog submission form. These changes explain the different listing types in more detail and what the requirements are for entry.
I believe these changes will have a positive impact on the site, helping visitors browsing and wedding suppliers listing their blog within my directory.
Hi and welcome to the Dream Wedding website,
My name is Lindsay and I have created this site as a resource to connect wedding vendors and customers. Right now you will find a blog directory, to which I have added an entry to each category to get it started. I will be filling it with the great blogs out there run by wedding vendors and service providers. If you run a blog about weddings in the United Kingdom, please submit your blog for a free entry.
I hope you enjoy your visit and will come back soon to see what’s new,